Many of my friends are posting daily thankful posts on Facebook to celebrate November and the American holiday of Thanksgiving, so I thought I would provide a list to share what I am thankful for this year.
1) I am thankful for my two daughters who challenge me to be a better Mom, friend, and teacher – every day.
2) I am thankful that my Mom and Dad have opened up their home to let my family move in until we are able to get established again.
3) I am thankful my parents are still around
4) I am thankful that I have a husband who puts up with my lack of self-confidence, crazy mood swings, hair-brained ideas, bigger-than-life dreams and goals, and keeps me grounded, even when I don’t want to be.
5) I am grateful for friends who I know will always be there, no matter how far away or how infrequently we see and speak to each other.
6) I am grateful for social media that allows far-away friends to feel closer than they are.
7) I am grateful that I am able to wake up every morning and take my kids to school, complete mundane errands, and, if I choose, do household chores like laundry and making dinner, without assistance.
8) I am grateful for four dogs who love me unconditionally.
9) I am grateful for one cat who loves me when she feels like it.
10) I am grateful that I have experienced love and loss, and have a better appreciation for the ‘good times’.
What are you grateful for?